Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cheers to you.... walking the fine line!

So many things to say and don't know if there is enough time or understanding to explain them.


I started this blog....


   * because I like to write.  I want to have a voice, one that people might actually hear.
   * because I want to inspire.  I want to make a difference in someone's life.  I know you can't touch everyone, but to have someone say "yes, I get it.  It all makes sense." is a dream of mine.
   * because I like to paint.  I like to paint with words.  I don't need color, texture, or even a big mess to show you I made something. Don't get me wrong people who can do it that way are talented, but that way didn't work for me.
   * because I want more in life.  I want to keep learning.  I want to know more about this AND that.
   * because I was inspired by someone and encouraged by people who loved me that I could do all of the above.  (Thanks guys.  I love you)


So, why the name?  I recently had a conversation with my Mom about writing and somehow came across a reference to 'A Beautiful Mind.'  I had not seen the movie until shortly after this conversation.  I loved how intricate it was  and how it played with the mind of the audience.  It was interesting to me how we see what we want and what really is, but maybe what is suppose to be the real deal is actually a fantasy. Ok, slow down because now we are entering Matrix territory.  After watching the movie I started to think how there is a fine line between genius and insanity (Then thoughts of my brother came to mind. If you don't know him let me explain, he tried to convince a teacher death is a disease.  We all get it and it is incureable. I know....deep deep thought.)


Do we ignore people who are beyond our thinking because we don't understand them or do we just hide them thinking that their particular thoughts are not the norm or fit with the rest of the world? Are we close-minded as a society? We watch movies and think things on the screen could never happen, but aren't things like that usually inspired by something in real life, so does that mean.......?


Yes, I dream a bit, fantasize, and somehow half my mind refuses to live in what we call the real world.  I believe Never-Neverland somehow exists.  I believe music and words are the most beautiful things that are in black and white (besides old photos).  I believe in karma, that fairies and Santa possibly exist, and that dancing in the rain washes away pain.  I am an aspiring writer trying to stretch her neck a little further than the next guy just to catch a glimpse....you tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment