Sunday, August 26, 2012

What you are missing.

I went on a small trip this weekend and during my time away I figured out where I am truly missed.  This past summer, specifically more this past week, I have had to let go of people close to me.  This does not mean I had to remove them.  It just means that after years of living our own lives I got to be with these people and it was physically hard to let them go.  These are the people who make me a strong person.  They are talented hard working individuals.  

The thing that makes these people special is the fact that we have spent years apart and nothing has changed where as some people I see or talk to nearly everyday would never notice if I disappeared.  It is times like these you truly see the people who are your friend.

In July I came home crying from going home.  I miss these people with all my heart, they are the true essence of who I am.  This week I saw two other people of the same essence.  It is comforting to share such a bond with someone.  

So, while I watch others drift away, I paddle my boat in the direction it is suppose to go knowing that I cannot look back.  Growing up is hard, realizing that some people need to be let go is even harder.  

I turn my head and keep paddling tonight because as I look up I know who will be there and who will not.  It is the people who have such a strong effect on you that will be at the end, the others are just random fruitless fish in the sea.

1 comment:

  1. A conversation that always rings in my head:
    "If I end up in the hospital the nearest person is an hour away. I have no one here. No one would visit me."
    "I'll come visit you"<--amazing

    ReplyDelete