Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Reason We Have Fiction

It is alive! That is right, fiction is alive.  Have any of you wondered about why we have fiction books?  I think I have figured it out actually.  No one wants to live in reality.  Reality is hard, reality has obligations, and reality requires us to be responsible.  Then there is fiction.

Fiction is that point between reality and dreams; the place we fantasize about in hopes it comes true.  It is the obtainable that we are able to brush our finger tips across, but not be able to fully grasp.  In fiction we do what our physical bodies will not allow us to do, we take a risk we would normally not try, and we are able to live the truth where the world around us would rather have a lie.

Yes, I am a freak for fiction for all the obvious reasons above, but the truth is something that I wish was more accepted.  I try to understand how a person can truly live without truth in that person's life.  It makes me curious how many people would rather hear me tell them a fudged up story than a true outcome.  I guess I somewhat understand because I would rather live the adventure instead of the obligations of reality.

So where does that leave us?  In the books.  At least we know why there is a business in fiction.  :)

P.S I have my first test dummy idea for a book and teammate to help kick my bum to finish and potentially publish it.  I have never been more excited in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment