Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It's all ......FAIR.

It is fair time in town this week and I had to go.  I left work early today feeling I needed to get out of a box and be set free.  One way of doing this is going somewhere in a big crowd to blend in. 

There wasn't too much problem walking around being unnoticed, but it was interesting to watch the rest of the crowd.  Parents were either watching their kids or yelling at them to behave while playing games or going on the rides.  Teenagers were on the prowl for the opposite sex or with their significant others in stereotypical "honeymoon" stage walking around.  Younger kids were screaming and wailing either for a good time on the rides or because they wanted mommy and daddy to get them something.

So, I watched.......
I watched a boy run after his white dog that had just snuck the leach out of the boys hand.
I watched a young boy boldly go up to another, introducing himself again after the two had met at another event.
I listened to two girls gossip about their crushes while eating a Greek pita.
I watched the fairgrounds fill up with people ready for a night out with the people important to them.

It has always been these types of small things that make me love fair time.  I remember when I was younger going to the fair, being yelled at that we could only WALK through because we did not have money, watching people cook, take care of animals, etc.  Then there is the food.  How can you not love fat greasy fair food?  I made the exception tonight to eat the unhealthy stuff thinking that this only happens once a year like Christmas or Thanksgiving so I should enjoy it while I can.  I did, too!

Today I went to the fair by myself because I wanted to and I did not need anyone there with me to enjoy something that I consider fun.  Not that I do not want to share experiences like this with someone, but I proved to myself that I can do this on my own and still share it with other.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment