Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Rough Rub of Truth

"Spend you time on those that love you unconditionally... Don't waste it on those that ONLY love you when the conditions are right for them!!" -->(Understand?)

It has been one week since I attended a wedding for one of my best friends.  I went through this whole week remembering that I am worth more than money can buy and worth more than childish games.  Being with my friends who have been there for me through thick and thin empowered me to be more.  I saw the quote above which inspired more strength, but with regret.

The strength came from a friend who told me she would always love me unconditionally, even my bad habit.  The regret?  I want to tell another friend that I will always love this person unconditionally, even through this person's ignorance.

I came back last weekend hoping this person would want to see me since this same person had wanted to see me before I left.  Nothing yet, although part of me misses this person.  I do see, however, values lie within everything that is fake.  I want to ask, "Why do you allow these cheap fake people to use you?  Why do you not see the quality person that I get to see when I look at you?  Why do you advertise how incredible you are and not actually believe it?"  Now what do I really want to say tough love style?  "Get your filthy hands off the tramps!  You wonder why they come to you when it is convenient for them and you wonder why they keep coming and going out of your life.  It is because they do not give a rotten rat's @zz about you.  Who is going to stand next to you and listen to your problems?  Who is going to love you no matter what has happened to you, what is happening to you, and what is going to happen to you?  Who is going to stand there, hold your hand, and tell you are worth more than cheap perfume has to offer?"  Good cop:Leave them alone because if you do not you know you will end up alone.  If you follow them you will leave the REAL friends you have and the FAKE ones will pass you by once they have used you up.

Right now I am tired of seeing the game.  I wish you would stop buying something you are smart enough to know will not last.  If you want to spend money on people and buy people....try the real friends who did not need your money in the first place.
Love,
Angel (I.V.)

No comments:

Post a Comment