Monday, July 9, 2012

Green eyes

Tonight I finished my draft for school tonight and decided to do some reading of my own for personal enjoyment.  The funny thing about this book is I wish that some of the events took place while others did take place.  Everyone has different personalities at different times.

I will use myself as an example.  There is work me who puts in her earbuds listening to classical piano music while drifting off doing her mindless job until her body says her mind is needed to knock down a particular wall.  I take walks with a friend of mine and still there is part of me that is reserved because I can be offensive.  The things I say can be positively cynical, negative (or as I like to call it realistic), or even sexual and not a lot of people are accepting of that.  Some would rather you fit in a little box...like everyone else. 

At the end of my day I am home, but not relaxed.  It is here I am the student and the writer and not many have the privelege of knowing in a deep manner even though you are able to read my somewhat censored or politically corrected words on a PC screen.  There is the girl that falls asleep at night in my room whose dreams fly in color.  She dreams big even at the fear that what she sees will not come true.

They are all me and I am jealous of everyone of them.  I cannot help that I am wild, a bit sneeky, and driven to stir things up.  I cannot help that I refuse to live a life like a robot because I chose to have an adventure.  Sure I may be a bit jealous of the girl I was who had the dream of a 50th anniversary like her grandparents, to be able to trust even the closest person, or to have that small girl with pigtails and blue eyes looking at you.  I'm slowly accepting the fact that my hazel eyes do not need to be green anymore.

What I am is a person who needs to be tamed like a wild mustang and be saved from the rabbit hole every now and again.  (Sad part is, most of you will not understand that last sentence)

Good night everyone and may your rabbit's foot bring you luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment