Thursday, July 5, 2012

Right, No Left, Wait No Right....I'm Confused

I wanted to write a little about right and left brain thinking.  Not many people think about this topic too often, but it is something that has been a dominate topic in my family. There are certain things in this world that my family sees that stereotypical normal people do not see.  It was not until recently that I found a person who was so incorrect in what he was that I had to look up information on his brain.

Let me tell you about him.  He is tall, can dress himself, but the way he thinks makes me wonder if his mouse is still turning the wheel in his brain.  He likes to learn, likes to read textbooks, does not like to take risks, and I am going to daringly say borders OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder).  Now for the record this is not meant as an entry to degrade this person.  I have learned many scholastic things from him, but he does not understand the other side of the brain. Since I am sarcastic I am going to say this....I am surprised the one side of his head does not weigh him down.

What is interesting is how this individual thinks that he is evenly balance in the brain when truly he has proven otherwise.  I took a couple tests today on the Internet to see where my brain lands.  The sad part is one test said I am dominant in the left and the other said I am dominant in the right.  (No wonder I'm confused most days! I'm screwed!)

So for fun in games I have included characteristics of both sides.....of the story.  Take a look because it is interesting to the result and compare to others.  I must say though, at least I can keep an even head through this all. :P

I have broke this down in the lists and the boxes because....everyone needs a dose of this writer's sarcasm when looking at the lists.

Left Brain Functions:                                                           
uses logic                                                                                 
detail oriented-You know every time I look at this I think oriental? is that weird???                                                                        
facts rule                                                                                  
words and language                                                                
present and past                                                                     
math and science                                                                   
can comprehend                                                                    
knowing ????? Knowing what????                                                                                   
acknowledges order/pattern perception   3 letters.....O....C.....D or the word anal fits too. lol                            
knows object name                                                                 
reality based A bit doubtful.  Could this be an exaggerated form of reality because Mr. Knowitall does not have a sense of reality.                                                                          
forms strategies                                                                      
practical/safe  OMG, I remembering him saying that he does not like to take risks because he likes to feel safe in his little box.  Will a garbage can work too???                                                                        
                                                                                                 
Right Brain Functions:
uses feeling I don't like to use anyone so I think this is rather mean. hahahahaha
"Big picture" oriented  Grab some binoculars...enough said
imagination rules
present and future
symbols and future
philosophy and religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning) I think a lot of people look at this and say 'Get what?'  Yeah, the answer is in the question.
believes
appreciates Tell me when you should not appreciate something or at least something good?
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based  Yeah I don't live here either.  This is my vacation home.
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking  Damn straight!  You do not learn anything unless you take a risk.  Sure you can read a book, but you took a risk at that specific book....to possibly escape the experience.  Good grief!


Now for the ying and yang ya'lls tail feathers.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe
RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

No comments:

Post a Comment