Sunday, July 15, 2012

Going to the Chapel and we're.....

http://youtu.be/cMfrLFirGWc

This weekend I experienced something I do not see very often in my life; another wedding.  I was priveleged enough to be one of the bridesmaids and watch the ceremony from the front.  I had a few flashbacks to my past, but this was not MY time.  This was my friend's time and I was extremely happy for her.

The part I want to point out to everyone is based on a moment.  I have a guilty pleasure, I love watching old couples walk together hand in hand as though they were two teenagers falling in love for the first time all over again.  When I was younger my grandparents made it to their 50th anniversary.  I remember thinking that I wanted to have a 50th anniversary when I got older.  Now if I get that dream the guy is going to have to live until he is eighty years old.  The reason I mention this at all is because my friend has found that 50th anniversary man that she will continue to hold hands with forever.  Am I jealous? Yes, but moreso happy for her.  I saw in a movie one time a character who watched the groom instead of the bride at any wedding.  I have done the same for quite some time.

She started down the isle and his eyes twinkled.  He was like a happy puppy eager for his bride, but those eyes said so much.  I could not take my eyes off them.  He told her he loved her, she was forever, she was the only one, she was his world, and all through his eyes.


Thank you, Sims, for the experience and opening my eyes.  May your circuts keep running and your hardware run forever....oh wait, wrong computer program.  Love you both!

1 comment:

  1. I had many of the same thoughts as I watched the groom last Saturday. A few years ago, I was a bridesmaid at another friend's wedding and saw that same look, that same twinkle, in the groom's eyes. May we all find someone who looks at us like that.

    ReplyDelete