Saturday, November 10, 2012

Power of.....Goodbye?

I have read on many occasions that.....

........Some people come into your life as lessons.

.........If you love something/someone let them go and if they return it was meant to be.

I find it interesting how many words of encouragement surround scenarios like the two above.



"Your heart is not open so I must go
The spell has been broken, I loved you so
Freedom comes when you learn to let go
Creation comes when you learn to say no...."


There are many different things in this world that inspire us.  Sometimes it is as simple as words of wisdom, while other times it is intoxicating situations that take your breath away.


"You were my lesson I had to learn
I was your fortress you had to burn
Pain is a warning that something's wrong
I pray to God that it won't be long...."


When I was younger, growing up was hard, and I had  a tough time accepting me.  I was not going to be popular, I was not going to be the star, I am a bit weird, but I am also very average. In certain situations a person wants to stand out, while in others it would be best to fade in with the rest of the crowd.  Call me the Chameleon since I have learned how to do both. 


"Your heart is not open so I must go
The spell has been broken, I loved you so
You were my lesson I had to learn
I was your fortress......"


There is strength in recognizing when you need to move on from things.  Every person has times in his/her life where a person must move on no matter how much that person wants to stay put and hope the outcome changes.  I would compare this to the baseball jargon everyone is familiar with: strike one, two, three, you're out.


"There's nothing left to lose
There's no more heart to bruise
There's no greater power 
Than the power of good-bye..."


You step outside your box and try something new even if it comes to a brief end. (Strike one)  If you are lucky enough it comes back and hopefully things have changed enough to remain intact.  Other cases may just be an addiction, a false hope, or a false need.  (Strike two)  So you do not go back.  You pull yourself away knowing that certain events that took place only show you that maybe you are just a pawn.  So far I only struck out twice, but part of me still cares,.....somehow?


"Learn to say good-bye
I yearn to say good-bye..."


The lyrics you have read are from Madonna's song, "The Power of Good-bye."  I had to say good bye to something this week and even though it is hard I knew I had to do it.  When you feel your true self drifting away or you feel misunderstood it is probably time to step back.  I am hoping this is one of those time where you "....let it go, if it is meant to be it will come back to you" moments, but I have a feeling it was meant to go back for someone else. So I pick up my stumbling self, wipe off my knees, and decide to use a little help.....a walking stick or in this case people around me who care.  After some time passes, what is missed will be recognized and by that time I will be reestablished into some new venture. 

Madonna is right.  You need to learn to say good bye.



No comments:

Post a Comment