Thursday, November 1, 2012

Keep Changing

"The first step to living the life you want is leaving the life you don't want.  Taking the first step forward is always the hardest, but then each step forward gets easier and easier.  And each each step gets you closer and closer until eventually what had once been invisible starts to be visible.  And what had once felt impossible starts to feel possible."

I read this today as I contemplated shutting down my blog.  I will admit I may not always be the most positive person, but my experiences are not just mine.  Sometimes a person needs to talk or needs someone to understand that, "Hey, I am not alone.  She felt the same way I do."  So to anyone who does not truly know me outside of my words I apologize if your image of me is a pessimistic one.  I am actually a hard worker who sometimes would rather have her mind have more control than her heart.  Yes, I will ONLY admit here that I sometimes care too much and that "Passion" is my middle name.

So I read this and from time to time it is something I think about.  Am I being the person I want to be?  Am I portraying the strength and independence that I want others to have?  I think lately I let a few people down.  To those, I'm sorry. However, a bucket list is a start.

1. I want to travel: Paris, Italy, Ireland,.....ok, those are my top ones.  Actually I want to go to Ireland to catch a leprechaun.  I think it would be fun.

2. I want to write a book.  I am working on a dummy book right now, but the inspiration died along with my Spanish homework. lol Anyone want to do my Spanish for me??? Just kidding.

3. I want to have kids.  I know right now this seems impossible, but even if it is just me does not mean that the word "single" should stop me from my dreams.

So that is a start.  I have more, but those things are a bit smaller like losing weight and trying not to be a hypocrite.  There is always something more to be done for a person to improve.  It is one of those, "Never stop learning" moments.  :)

........again, are you sure you do not want to do my Spanish homework. lol




No comments:

Post a Comment