Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Say what you mean or shut your yap!

I know the title sounds harsh, but it holds a lot of truth. For those of you out there reading this, remember to follow through with what you are saying.  If you give insight and stop with a cliff hanger then how do you expect the other person to understand you. 

Now I will not say I am perfect at this because it takes a lot of trust  to tell a person EXACTLY what is on your mind and I do not have a lot of trust.  A friend asked me tonight, 'Are we ok?'.  What do you mean 'ok'? Am I well? Yes.  Do I have a broken bone? No. Can I see? Yes. So I pushed for clarification as to what 'ok' meant. 

"Are you mad at me?"

"About what?"

By this time it should be clear that I was not mad.  I was frustrated though.  It is hard for some to see passed a hardcover book and into actual feelings of a person.  It is hard for a person to realize an old lady needs help to cross the street instead of you sitting there and laughing.  It is hard for some to do a good deed without being recognized for it.  Where did 'common sense' go?  Where did the strength in words leave us?

I am starting to wonder some days if there is any actual truth out there.  Take a look at anyone and tell me there is not something that any particular person has not said or even lied about.  Tell me that I can trust again and feel safe.  Tell me as my friend that you can tell me anything even if it is something that I do not want to hear.  In the end, just.......tell me............

No comments:

Post a Comment