Sunday, June 24, 2012

Guess You Do Not Know Me

What did you see in me and did you really look hard enough?
Did you see where my heart stood or if it even existed?
Well, it died last night.

I got sick of breaking through your walls when you did not care about mine.
I got fed up with pleasing you because I was never good enough.
It is your turn now, but I know you enough that you will not try.
Sometimes a person has to accept the end.

Do you know what I love?
Do you know who I love?

In my head the chords hit tight and close together meshing as one.
An unspoken compliment
the perfect relationship.
The notes understand each other making the other one stand out.
With each note a finger flies across the keyboard in control of a destiny that has no significance.

Listen to your heart for once.
Let it guide you away from your mind.
Let the beats translate what you are feeling as the beat flows out of you.

When there is no heart, there is no feeling, there is no music, no explanation, just a dead heartless body.


Ever met one of those people who expected you to be in their lives for just  what that person needs.  I found a relationship that worked because that other person talked and I listened.  That is not a friendship.  Maybe if this person had actually took the time to know me there could have been something more for me to work towards, but in the mean time I feel it is the other person's duty to work and keep me in this person's life for a change.  It is the only way to find out if you are worth it to a person.

inspiration: "Don't lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn't care about losing you."

No comments:

Post a Comment