Wednesday, June 15, 2016

How Six Minutes Can Affect Your Life Part 3: Trust

Trust.  I know I have written on this if not mentioned it (...like a bajillion times), but it is SIGNIFICANT to me and I feel it contributes a lot of things in life.  We trust the ability to wake up in the morning.  We trust we will have a job with financial stability.  We trust simple things like cars to get to work, technology to function in EVERY part of our lives, or that someone will catch us when we fall.

I had two hours to develop trust in Mr. Black that with both of us having knowledge on what was to take place in the jump we would both survive regardless of his professional obligations as an instructor.  Actually, the professionalism was the only thing I trusted (Not to mention great media work by Mr. Blue).

Trust can be complicated.  There are levels that have specific purposes.  

Trusting coworkers between the lines of personal and profession interactions.  The same applies to peers at school, for example, with group projects.  Can you trust them to properly contribute?  Or can you trust that your teachers know the material they teach about?  Keep in mind special blotches of ink on paper are to be able to prove this and yet using the same concept, those blotches of ink do not always keep people safe when it comes to legal matters (marriage license, restraining orders, protection orders, etc.).  What about the level of trust in places we live with landlords or those in maintenance?

I will confidently say that the greater extent of trust is just in functionality.  We believe everything will continue to progress in time but time is another analysis for, well, another time, but is this trust or do we just take it for granted?

So I have admitted that trusting others is hard and most of that is due to the fact that you cannot control the other person.  You cannot trust something that is unstable or things out of your control.  Then again, can we trust ourselves?

I would love to work towards a skydiving license; however, financially I am out of luck at the moment.  I am still young enough (or at least I feel young enough) that I have time.  Time has nothing to do with this, only the accomplishment itself, but what if I told you I am a bit scared to do it myself?  Will I pull the right cords?  Will I pack my parachute correctly?  Am I subconsciously going to kill myself doing this? (Sorry, Mom, morbid sense of humor).  Do I trust me?

There is your lottery winning question.  Do I trust me?  Do you trust you?  Could I add any more psychological issues to this blog since I keep justifying I probably have multiple personalities? (Yes, I am kidding)  Some days I am strong than others.  On my strong days I trust that I have enough power in me to keep standing and lift others from their knees.  On weak days, I trust that I am in control enough that, if given the time, I can lift myself from my knees.  Trust can sometimes limit us or maybe, in my case, we can trust that whatever happens will happen and we will be able to handle the consequences when we get there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment