Monday, January 23, 2012

Save me

Yesterday I had put a song on my MP3 to listen  to at work.  Today I sat at my desk pondering how this song made me feel.  It is interesting how a song could just make you stop and think as you listen to it over and over. 

I continued to listen to the song when I got home as well.  There were certain lyrics that I could not get out of my head.  For example, "This time won't you save me..." or " It's not your fault I'm a bitch, I'm a monster.  Yes, I'm a beast and I feast when I conquer."  I kept repeating these lyrics even after the music stopped.

Every girl in her life has a moment where they are a D.I.D.  If you do not know what this means you need to watch the Disney version 'Hercules.'  A D.I.D. stands for Damsel In Distress. (I like to joke Damself in this dress).  Some part of us no matter how strong we are needs saving or wants to be saved.  Inside we want to be 'woo-ed,' we want the door to be opened for us, we want the old fashion male courtesy. 

The other lyrics brings me back to my senior prom.  In high school I was not the most gorgeous girl in the class.  Actually I was the outcast.  I would say that I was the fat ugly chick.  I know if you are reading this you may wonder why I would say that when my personality is free spirited and craves excitement.  Well, I remember for my senior year 13 guys had turned me down to be my date.  I had always hoped that I would be a Cinderella, but instead I a Beast.  At the end of the movie the Beast turns into a prince and gets the girl.  In the end, I am just me....nothing more, nothing less. 

I still sometimes feel like that girl back in high school, but I know her accomplishments and how strong she is.  It is time that she be compared to a wild Mustang that runs through the desert and cannot be tamed.  The warmth of the skin a human hand as she takes a breath in and out.  Her soft mane chases behind her as her spirit runs free.  Can she be tamed?  Will she ever be saved?  Will she run forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment