Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Disappointment in HATE

We are a little over a month into the new year and already I am avoiding certain social media (Facebook) as much as possible.  Many changes have occurred and fuelled an obsession of hate among many people.  I have always prided myself on surrounding myself with positive people, people who support and strengthen those around them because they stand for something.

But many of you (yes, I know you may read this) have disappointed me.  You are not the strong people I once knew.  You stand and accuse others with verbal poison because a person does not agree with you 100%.  How dare you spread hatred.  Whatever indignified opinion you have of others has now been defined by your ignorant attitude.  I HATE to use these, but :

Grow up!
Act like an adult!
Be an example!

(If I need to continue with those cliches, then you really were not listening anyway)

I am not saying roll over on your beliefs.  HELL, please do the opposite, but there is method of doing so that people take you seriously and ACTUALLY listen to what you have to say.  Ranting and raving in anger depicts a child throwing a tantrum, I'm not saying many of you are not capable of that either.

For as long as I can remember, my mother has taught me two things; two common things that many of you know:

If you don't like it, change it.
Treat people the way you want to be treated.

.....LET ME REPEAT

If you don't like it, change it.
Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Do I need to say it again?

I do not like all this hatred spread all over.  I have never felt so sorry for anybody like this except my ex.  I truly hated him.  I hated him to the point of where I was only hurting myself, physically.  Seeing poison spread from people I used to admire and know are better than childish antics also makes me ill.  I see positive supportive people crumble to the hatred.  I see people in leadership positions or are role models accuse people who have opposite viewpoints as them for being "toxic" (DUDE! LOOK IN THE MIRROR!)  Left/right, black/white, none of you are helping each other. And those of you who used to believe in something that decided it is "safer" to "fall for anything" are weak and submissive in your hypocritical choices.

I don't know about the rest of you, the people I once admired, the people I believed the best in, the people I believed had potential to be great, but I'm going to squash hate.  My social media is going to be cluttered with positivity, achievements, proud moments, ...happiness.  I am not going to spread hate because someone does not agree with me, but I'm also not going to cave on my morals/values.  I will stand up for what I believe for progression in a positive direction.  

This is me NOT being quiet.

P.S.  How is it that these two can find happiness in differences and many of you cannot?  I challenge you, to be better.

Image result


No comments:

Post a Comment