Friday, October 12, 2012

Wig Tales

Halloween is just around the corner.  Translation: LET'S DRESS UP BECAUSE IT IS FUN!!  Everyone likes to try or be something different some days.  Today was mine.

I had been thinking about coloring my  hair black for some time and for my Halloween costume I picked up a cute black wig.  I put on the wig and my glasses giving me a big of a Velmish look.

The change in look was not necessarily to get other's reactions, but as an expression for me. We all have different sides of ourselves that we hide or that does not get to be seen much.  This could be due to other priorities in life or an occasion has not called for it.  I do have a dark side, an artistic, if not creative side that likes to try new things every now and then.  The reactions I get from change is actually just a bonus for me.

I walked into work and a lot of people has a hard time recognizing who I was.  I will say sometimes it is nice to not be recognized or blend in.  Some people were open to the idea, while others were very judgmental.  The nice thing is that no matter what anyone said I was still me inside.  It seems that sometimes when people see things change, they assume the whole package has changed.  In this case, I am still me.....with a little more color exposed.


...........might want to put the color back on, I'm feeling a bit naked right now. :P j/k

No comments:

Post a Comment