Friday, October 5, 2012

Pulling away.....

There have been times in my life where I have been accused of "pulling away" from people as if it is a bad thing.  The ironic part of the term is that yes, I do pull away from people at times, but it is because "our time" is over.  Sometimes a term is a few years or other times it is five months.  The reason for a person to "pull away" is because of growth.

Maybe "pulling away" is an improper term then.  Spending time with someone and connecting  with that person can, in many cases, only satisfy so much.  When you stop learning from a particular person, you are meant to go on to the next.  Unfortunately this can leave gaps with the other person until that person understands where his/her compass leads.

You are probably wonder about mine at the moment.  Let's just say that after five months I had to redirect my compass back to the tripod, the original three, the other two legs that where there with me from the beginning and have yet to leave my side.  If one leaves, we fall, but together we are strong.  I am a leg that tries to branch out a bit, to make the picture clearer, but not everything is meant to be clear (even the metaphor I just gave you).

Where does that leave me? A little hurt, but with the realization I give people too much credit.  I want to believe in the exception, I want to believe there is more to everyone and they are good, but I cannot have everything I want.  So even though certain events make me a bit mad, frustrated, but more so hurt, I move on since I have no other choice in the matter.  Some people are meant to stay in your life to teach you a lesson.....others are meant to shove you along. :)

P.S. Do not be surprised if I "pull away."  hehehe.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment