Sunday, April 1, 2012

Time

Time.  What is time exactly?  It is something we made up as a measurement as we watch the sun pass over us to the west and then rise again in the east.

Let us think a little further, how much does time actually cost us?  It takes five minutes to get gas for which a tank cost $40.  A plane ticket to another country could cost $500 for a four hour trip.  However, working a job for an hour warrants $20.  So what are we actually investing in?  Where does time go?  Is it actually wasted or is that us just using a measurement again?  Can you get time back or could it be something you never really had to begin with?

I remember a saying once that I think came from a show, a religious show.  It explained that we as humans do not realize that we have all the time in the world.  I do not remember it word for word as you can see, but the meaning has followed me.  I try to live my days the way I want them to be lived.  I chose what I want, when I want it, and what I deserve because no one else is going to fight for it except me.  I also watched the movie 'In Time.'  If there is one thing to learn from this movie besides the concept of time it is that you should live one day at a time, one day as if it were your last.

So with a last day what would  you do?  Maybe you should ask on your last day, what can't you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment