Monday, March 31, 2014

A Brush of Danger

Post of choice for today was a topic that I did not select on purpose, but one reflecting OCD in which this topic was chosen by someone else and I must follow in order.

I honestly do not remember my first brush of danger, however that does not mean that I have not had a brush of danger.  I remember when I was younger ....than I am now that is, and like any other teen I had to go through the stage of being completely and utterly careless.  I remember when my mom bought me my first car and for the record..I did not ask for it nor do I believe parents should do that unless it is a junker since the kids at that age have no sense of responsibility yet.  Anyway, the car was not completely new, but new for me for about five grand.  At the time I was in college determined to get a degree until I was told by a professor that I would not amount to anything in the area I was studying.  I am going to be nice and say "Thank you @zzhole."  What can I say?  I am not mean, but I'm not nice either...just a bit blunt in this situation.

So the professor killed my passion and when I say passion I am referring to the feeling of not loving anything else except that one thing or that one person.  Well, let me just tell you that when that feeling is gone it is replaced with a feeling of loss as if you do not recognize the person in the mirror looking back at you.  I decide that I am here in school to get a degree and a degree I shall earn even if it is in an area of study that may not completely appeal to me, but will be beneficial for my future. Sadly, that did not last long and I left college.  You know that feeling of being lost? Yeah, replaced with failure until my mom gave me an article that discussed how not everyone is made for college.

To be a bit more specific it was an article on how not everyone need the complete four year college experience which is why I soon turned to cosmetology.  I think it was the one thing major in my life that I both started and completed.  However, during this time was when I became reckless.  I was not hanging out with what would be considered the right crowd, my driving record had become a mess not to mention how many deer hit my car, but I was actually lost.

Well, I started this entry thinking that my brush of danger was with the deer, which by the way the car took on five deer before it decided it had enough to which I think a deer hunting license would have been cheaper, but I realize now that the danger was walking the fine line of potentially not finding my path in life.  The funny part is that this potential danger dangles itself in front of you every so often as the moment cycles through your life as if to test you and see what your worth has grown to be in comparison to the last test.  Back then I think I survived...just barely, but now I am being tested again.  There has been a lot of growing up since my deer magnet of a car, but maybe since I was stupid then I do not need to be now. Chaos may follow me at times in my life which keeps life interesting.  I cannot say there will not be trouble, but at the moment I will say that I can take on whatever is around the corner.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment