Thursday, March 1, 2012

All but One Dream

My anniversary is coming up, the one where I left my now ex husband due to abuse.  I am starting to get a little antzy wondering if I deserve what I want out of a relationship.  So far I have failed which does not give me much hope at all.  Some are not the settling type, some are oblivious, and some just need some time.  So, I try to think of what I really want when it comes to my next relationship and then I saw a friend's video of her mom before she passed away.

I look at the pictures and feel my eyes water up partially because I remember my friend's mother.  She was the sweetest lady ever.  Then I see what I want from the pictures shown in the video.  I want love as though it were my first with burning passion to where you cannot stand to live without that person ever.  I want someone who will push me to be a better person and who feels the same for me towards him.  I want someone to hold me like I am weak even though I am strong, someone who recognizes that I am a lady even though I may be strong enough to keep up with the guys.

I think back and remember arms wrapped around my body that were meant to keep me safe.  Maybe a kiss on the forehead with the intention that I am one in a million.  All in all I want a love that could hurt.  There is nothing more coveted than something that is the rarest thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment